Covid-19

Watch this space for the next update about TypeParis and Covid-19.

We have been monitoring the evolution of Covid-19 and its impact on the summer programme for several months now. This page is dedicated to the evolution of the situation, we will post updates on its impact on the programme here. The future is uncertain. The health of our applicants, guest critics, instructor and its impact on our societies world wide is of course our first concern. We need to think together and find solutions to continue to function without taking unconsidered risks.

Don’t hesitate to contact us (footer for all details) if you have any questions.

Summer programme

➝ Saturday 28 March 2020

We decided to put on hold TypeParis20. The worldwide pandemic is too strong to be able to take any decision for 2020. Indeed, if things improve in the future, we will do our utmost to relaunch our events for 2020. Meanwhile, we’re already thinking about #typeparis21 programme that will take place between between June and July 2021, with application deadline on 14 March 2021.

➝ Friday 20 March 2020

The chances of keeping the original schedule are very low at the moment. We do not even know yet whether we will be able to maintain September-October 2020. We are planning to ask everyone who applied and was accepted to find the best time in the future. The application period is still open until 27 March 2020.

➝ Sunday 15 March 2020

We decided to extend the application period up to the 27 March 2020, but no more because later it will make the situation to uncertain for people who apply and want to book for June-July if we keep this period.

➝ Friday 13 March 2020

Since the opening of the application season at the end of 2019, we received great applications, beautiful portfolios, and wonderful letters who which always display the same enthusiasm to join TypeParis in June and July 2020. Assessing the situation from now, we must think about the applicants as well as our speakers, guest critics critics, sponsors and the core team who committed to the programme a since few months ago. We are also aware that most of you have to book your flight and accommodation as early but are legitimately concerned to do so regarding the current state of the epidemic. We are also thinking of the ones think about those who wanted to apply, but preferred not to because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

We don’t want to cancel this year unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
For now, we are keeping the initial schedule, from 8 June to 11 July 2020, and the 14 March deadline for the applications. The jury will conduct his selection as usual next week to inform accepted attendees for TypeParis20 on 20 March 2020.

However, this schedule is highly dependant on the evolution of the situation. We expect to take a final decision about the schedule on 10 April 2020. Accordingly, the final day for tuition fee payment will be postponed to 18 April 2020.

As the response to the Covid-19 pandemic evolves, on 10 April 2020 we will decide whether to postpone the 2020 edition to September-October (exact period to be confirmed) or not. We will ask every one involved (attendees, speakers, guests, instructors and hosts) about their ability to reschedule in that time frame and act accordingly.

We also also plan to keep attendees applications valid for the following upcoming years of their choice with no supplement, if they were unable to come in September-October 2020.

Workshops

➝ Saturday 15 March 2020

All our workshops planned are postponed at a later date for similar reasons as the summer programme.

Platinum
Steel
Wood
Cardboard
Paper
Partners